For more than 25 years, Oswald & Yap has been providing superior legal services to individuals and corporate clients. Located in Irvine, California, our firm provides experienced and highly personalized representation to meet the needs of a diverse client base. The Dream Act Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process A rare opportunity to obtain work authorization in the United States. The act provides a procedure for undocumented (Illegal) aliens to obtain work authorization and a potential path to legal status and citizenship. If you fulfill the following criteria, you may qualify:
- You arrived in the U.S. when you were under the age of sixteen;
- You have continuously resided in the U.S. for at least five years prior to June 15, 2012, and were present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012;
- You are currently in school, or have graduated from high school, or have a GED, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard or the U.S. Armed Forces;
- You have not been convicted of a felony offense, or a “significant misdemeanor offense”, or three or more non-significant misdemeanors, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
- You are under 31 years old on June 15, 2012.